Monday, June 04, 2007

Bring me the drinks!

This weekend was a new and exciting one. At my work, for the most part, we are all like friends (for the most part) and a couple of us went out on Saturday night. S was invited to a random girl's birthday party and he wanted some moral support, so he invited me, Amber, and A. It was interesting. Chris was also invited, but he said he would rather not attend.

This actually made me happy. I like to go out with people that are not him. People that are fun, and people that have the power to make me laugh and I have no sort of hold or doubt over them.

S has been talking about sushi for quite some time, and this has no appeal to me, but we all headed over to this Japanese restaurant that I have never heard of. We laughed and ate until our sides split open. So much for my diet on this night. Also, alcohol is not a help in diets, but I just couldn't help myself. Bring me the drinks, please.

The random girl harassed and called many times, but S did not want to go. Mainly for that reason. So we went to two bars, both dead due to a festival going on by the lake front. We played darts, and pool, and danced and laughed and had a jolly good time.

Crazy though, that by the end of the night, I couldn't wait to get home to Chris. Not to snuggle, nothing like that, but just to be home with the man I love after a night with friends. It was a great, beautiful night. And since I came home at midnight, or shortly after, I desperately wanted to walk around the neighborhood. But as Amber pulled around my street and into my driveway, I saw that all the lights were off in our little triangled windows.

I kissed him gently when I went in, asking to go on a walk, but he said he'd been in bed for an hour already. This was surprising for a couple reasons. Firstly, I thought for sure he would wait for me to go to bed. Secondly, I know he wanted sex. I had promised him before I left that when I got home I would lay it on him.

Maybe I lucked out?

I really had no energy. I washed my face, and did all the things I do, before quietly making it back to the bedroom. When I pulled the covers down, sitting on my pillow was a condom and sex toy "tingling" gel that it is really fantastic. As I am writing now, I can't help but laugh.

Shorten the story, he did not get it. At least, not that night. But we had a lovely Sunday morning.

No comments: