Monday, July 23, 2007

Bored

Today is one of those days I really hate. I am sitting here, staring at the screen, thinking of all these things to write about, but my mood just simply isn't in the place to write.

I am supposed to be working but I have nothing to do, and I am bored out of my mind so I am surfing the Internet. I am also waiting to hear back from my friend and co-worker, S. Her boyfriend is in the hospital and has been since Saturday morning.

Chris and I went and visited Saturday night, but he had a high fever and was drugged up so he slept almost the entire time. No one really knows what is wrong with him. He has an infection that spread to his groin from his foot, and now apparently has a pus-filled sack somewhere. The doctors are deciding to have surgery.

S is quite scared because they "keep finding lumps" and since her boyfriend used to have cancer, any lump is not a good sign. I offer my ear and my shoulder but I am not sure either does any good.

I told her just to say the magic word and I would be there. I am unsure if she is trying to be like me, saying she doesn't want me to come but really screaming for me to; or if when she says no, it's okay, she means it. I will take her at her word for now but if when she calls later she sounds like she needs me, I will go.

I know this posting was short, but like I said, I am not in the mood to discuss more things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always hate to hear when my friends have friends who are sick, in pain, dying, have died, it is always so sad. Best wishes to you and your friend.