Friday, July 20, 2007

On a lighter note!

Chris brought me home two presents last night. They are presents with beating hearts, and cute faces, and soft little paws. He brought me home one kitten and one cat!!

Chris and I had talked about getting a little kitten for awhile, but it was never really a "for sure" thing. After all, I would much rather get a puppy, but we can't have dogs in our apartment. Plus, my baby lives with my parents and it breaks my heart. I simply could not share my love for another dog.

He went to a humane society and picked those two out because they were playing together and having fun. It was exciting and scary and new and fun. Their names are Dr. Dre and Quincy Jones, respectively. I found this so humorous. I did not name them! I still find it humorous!

We are changing the name of the kitten from Dr. Dre. As for Quincy, I think I might still call him Jonesy. It's cute. And Quincy is okay. But I don't really want to change his name as he has had it for quite awhile, I'm sure.

However, I am not as excited as I would be. The reason: we have four parakeets. I have never had cats before, never had parakeets before - only dogs. Well, and hamsters and fish. But never birds and cats. They are in totally different categories.

We have had the birds since earlier this year. I have become so fond of them. You can see their little personalities. I am in love with them. And last night, as Jonesy stared up at them in lust, I knew this could never work. Since I have never had these two animals, let alone together, I have no clue what to do.

I don't want to lock the birds in the bedroom all day. They are used to flying about, and sitting on their favorite chair. They own the living room. But now, with these scary predators wandering about, I don't know what to do. Any ideas? Is this even worth trying?

I have read different things to do so that the birds and cats can live peacefully. We will have to see. But I am not comfortable with it in the least!

No comments: